Re: Proper way to depend on an icon theme

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:46 AM, Fernando Lemos wrote:

> That would be perfect. Any tips on how to get this started? Should
> this be discussed in debian-devel, or perhaps debian-desktop?

The procedure is listed here:

http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/virtual-package-names-list.txt

Your suggestion of debian-desktop is a good one, I would suggest you
use that as a step 0 to get the right virtual package name to use
before posting on debian-devel.

Once the new virtual package is named and defined in
virtual-package-names-list.txt then you will want to file a bug (with
patch if you know perl) about it. The checks you probably want are:

Provides the needed icon names for the fd.o icon naming spec but
doesn't provide the freedesktop-icon-theme virtual package.

Provides the freedesktop-icon-theme virtual package but is missing some icons.

Depends on freedesktop-icon-theme, uses more icons than
freedesktop-icon-theme but doesn't depend on a more specific icon
theme.

Other checks might be needed too, can't think of any more right now though.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise