Bug#660128: RFS: heybuddy/0.2.3-1 [ITP] - light identi.ca microblogging client
block 660125 with 660128
Daniel Martí wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "heybuddy".
> * Package name : heybuddy
> Version : 0.2.3-1
> Upstream Author : Jezra Johnson Lickter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * URL : http://www.jezra.net/projects/heybuddy
> * License : GPLv3
> Section : net
> It builds those binary packages:
> heybuddy - light identi.ca microblogging client
I had a look at your package:
- Your watch file doesn't seem to work; I get the following warning:
uscan warning: In debian/watch,
no matching hrefs for watch line
- You should drop the update-menus line in debian/postinst, it's
already added by debhelper.
In the same file, you run compileall unconditionally; I guess it
should only run during configure.
You do not honor the settings from /etc/python/debian_config .
These last two issues would be moot if you used dh_python2.
- Your debian/rules could be much simpler if you used
dh --with python2 $@
possibly with a few overrides.
- Why is your man page in section 7? It seems to me it should be in
It's also a bit scarce, it doesn't even tell me how to run heybuddy.
If it has no options at all, you should state that fact. And please
consider removing the AUTHORS and COPYRIGHT sections (see
- The man page lists troorl as copyright holder for the 2009-2010
period, but debian/copyright doesn't mention it.
- Do you really mean to Recommend both python-gtkspell and aspell?
Seems like one spelling utility is enough. I wonder if they
shouldn't be downgraded to a Suggests anyway.
- Your long description partly repeats the short description; see