Re: ipset/xtables-addons

Hi Neutron,

On 04/02/12 19:16, Neutron Soutmun wrote:
>> Now when I had a look at your package I feel convinced that everybody
>> will benefit from ipset separation. :)
>
> :)

You did a good work.

In the recent xtables-addons changelog for release v1.41 (2012-01-04)
upstream states:

==================
Changes:
- Deactivate build of ipset-genl by default.
  I think the original ipset package can now take over, given there are
  a handful of kernels (2.6.39 onwards) that do not need patching.
==================

So apparently even upstream is OK to ship ipset no longer as a part of
xtables-addons.
I came to the same conclusion. :)

> 0001-debian-copyright-correct-DEP-5-format-URL.patch:
> * I'm unsure to use "http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5"; as lintian still
>   warning with message:
>
> $ lintian --pedantic -i ipset_6.11-1_amd64.changes
> ===== >8 =====
> P: ipset source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
> ===== >8 =====

>   BTW, applied. :)

Thanks. The idea behind is to get rid of non-working link.
It makes no sense whatsoever to have non-working link in format URL even
if there is no lintian warning for it.

> Already pushed with a little bit more update to debian/changelog,
> please pull from the repository again.
>
> or get it from
> dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/ipset/ipset_6.11-1.dsc

Looks good. :)