build-indep and buildd

Hi,

  Could someone please gives an update on the status of build-indep
target and buildd machine ? I am using the following pattern (as per
dh documentation):

               #!/usr/bin/make -f
               %:
                       dh $@

               override_dh_auto_build-indep:
                       $(MAKE) -C docs

               # No tests needed for docs
               override_dh_auto_test-indep:

  However buildd machine are still running -indep target. I'd like to
test my package first on my local machine to mimic what would a buildd
machine do (I cant find the dpkg-buildpackage command line option used
for buildd)

Thanks
--
Mathieu