Re: Fwd: RFS: gcc-4.5-doc-non-dfsg

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Samuel Bronson <naesten@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org>
wrote:
> >> Samuel, thanks for doing this. However, I'm trying to get gcc-4.5
> >> removed from unstable soonish, so I would like to see this for
> >> gcc-4.6 (and 4.7 as found in experimental). Could you do this?
> >>  Nikita, could you sponsor the package?
> >
> > Sure, that was my real goal anyway; gcc-4.5 just looked lonely without
> > its documentation, and it didn't seem like it would be much more work
> > to do them both than to just do gcc-4.6.
>
> I wonder if I should interpret the silence from Nikita as meaning "not
> now, I'm busy"?

Sorry for silence.

I will try to look sometime soon, but can't promise when. Hoped to do so on
this weekend, but weekend is already over and I did not.  Real life
sucks :(

Btw, I don't claim "ownership" for these packages. I never did. I just once
packaged gcc-doc because nobody did, and I did not want debian stable
without gcc-doc. So absolutely don't object someone else uploading
gcc-doc. Maintainer for gcc-doc has been always set to
debian-gcc@lists.debian.org

Just beware of ugly licensing issues. Ensure that gfdl.1 is forced in by
the dependences, etc

Nikita