Re: RFS: libqsi

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Jasem Mutlaq wrote:

> Ok, I got a confirmation from QSI that the source code for libqsi is
> proprietary. They grant you the right to distribute source and binary
> forms of the library, but not to modify the source itself. Can this be
> added to Debian 'non-free' ?

The non-free part of the archive only requires that Debian and our
mirrors have permission to distribute.

Also see these parts of policy for some things related to non-free:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s-copyrightfile
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-non-free

Please ask upstream to switch to a well known and understood Free
Software license (such as MIT/BSD/GPL).

--
bye,
pabs