Re: RFS: couriergrey (3rd)

Hi!

Marco Balmer <marco@balmer.name> writes:

>> Fixed/uploaded all of your remarks, may you have a look again? Thank you!
>
> By the way I've added Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser fields and fixed a
> bug in packaging.

I had another look, at long last, and spotted a thing or two:

* [minor] There's a thinko in debian/README.Debian: "disabled at
  default" should be "disabled by default", at least that's how I
  usually use the phrase, but I'm not a native speaker, and I might very
  well be mistaken.

* [major] The package doesn't build twice in a row. The second time it
  fails with:

,----
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1'
|    dh_auto_build
| [...]
| Making all in man
| make[3]: Entering directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1/man'
| generating couriergrey.8 from couriergrey.8.in
| /bin/bash: line 3: couriergrey.8.in: No such file or directory
| mv: cannot stat `couriergrey.8.tmp': No such file or directory
| make[3]: *** [couriergrey.8] Error 1
| make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1/man'
| make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
| make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1'
| make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/algernon/ext-src/debian/sponsor/couriergrey-0.3.0.1'
| dh_auto_build: make -j1 returned exit code 2
| make: *** [build] Error 2
| dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
`----

This seems to happen because upstream deletes the couriergrey.8 file
upon make clean, but fails to ship couriergrey.8.in to support
regenerating it. That would be a DFSG violation, as part of the source
is not shipped - thankfully, that source is restorable, because the only
thing the Makefile changes is the VERSION string. You might wish to
notify upstream about this problem, but it can be fixed without a new
upstream release, in my opinion.

Other than this, the package looks fine, and I'll upload once the build
issue is fixed (and this time, it won't take months to review the
update, I promise!).