Re: Correct value for DEP5’s Format: field?

Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org> writes:

> I’m updating a debian/copyright file in DEP5 format, but I’m finding
> myself unable to pick an acceptable value for the Format: field.

This is a temporary transitional annoyance that exists for a long and
complex set of reasons that isn't really worth getting into, but will
hopefully be resolved soon.

In the meantime, you have your choice of using a URL that Lintian likes
but which doesn't actually exist, using the unversioned URL to DEP-5,
which Lintian complains about but which is otherwise a fairly reasonable
choice for right now, or using the ViewVC URI, which I didn't realize
would work but which does seem to be versioned (even though Lintian
doesn't know about it).