Re: RFS: xiterm+thai

> Any particular reason you sent this mail off-list? It would be good if
> you could resend/bounce it to the list, I prefer to do things in public.

It's my mistake, I should click on "Reply to all" instead. Forgot to
check the recipient address.

Resend to list.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Neutron Soutmun wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for new version 1.10-1 (new upstream release)
>> of my package "xiterm+thai".
>
> Uploaded, thanks for your contribution.

Thank you very much. :)

> Some things you might want to look at:
>
> The package isn't particularly popular according to popcon, if you
> know people using it on Debian you might want to suggest to them that
> they install the popularity-contest package and enable the cron job:
>
> http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=xiterm%2bthai

It's not popular as it's still used by some group of users only.
The xiterm+thai provides the TIS-620 encoding which now rarely used by
Thai users, mostly superseded by UTF-8 but it's good as the later is
the international standard.

> The debtags site says there is a missing tag, you might want to add
> it, audit the tags and update them:
>
> http://debtags.debian.net/rep/todo/maint/neo.neutron@gmail.com#xiterm%2bthai

Added.

> A warning from configure:
>
> config.status: WARNING:  'Make.common.in' seems to ignore the
> --datarootdir setting

I will forward to upstream.

> Some warnings from desktop-file-validate:
>
> debian/xiterm+thai.desktop: error: value "1.07" for key "Version" in
> group "Desktop Entry" is not a known version
> debian/xiterm+thai.desktop: warning: value "Thai X terminal" for key
> "Comment" in group "Desktop Entry" looks redundant with value "Thai X
> terminal" of key "Name"
> debian/xiterm+thai.desktop: error: (will be fatal in the future):
> value "xiterm+thai.png" for key "Icon" in group "Desktop Entry" is an
> icon name with an extension, but there should be no extension as
> described in the Icon Theme Specification if the value is not an
> absolute path
> debian/xiterm+thai.desktop: error: value "Application;Utility" for
> string list key "Categories" in group "Desktop Entry" does not have a
> semicolon (';') as trailing character

I will review and update in the next upload.

> Some warnings from cppcheck:
>
> [test/graphics/qplot.c:120]: (error) Resource leak: fd
> [src/Xtensions/graphics/command.c:1028]: (error) Resource leak: ptyfd
> [src/command.c:1077]: (error) Resource leak: ptyfd
> [src/Xtensions/menubar+graphics/command.c:1030]: (error) Resource leak: ptyfd
>
> There are some duplicate files:
>
> src/Xtensions/graphics/graphics.h
> src/Xtensions/menubar+graphics/graphics.h
>
> src/Xtensions/graphics/graphics.c
> src/Xtensions/menubar+graphics/graphics.c

I will also forward to the upstream.

> Please add a comment to the lintian overrides file explaining why
> setgid-binary has been overridden.

Sure, I will consult with upstream why it should overrides as it's
already overridden in the debian package since I have adopted.

> How about including some things from debian/ upstream? Maybe inputrc
> txiterm txiterm.1 xiterm+thai.desktop?

Actually, the debian/ in the upstream repository is outdated. In the
past few years, I and the upstream have to sync the debian/ dir when
the current deb has been changed. But now I have maintained the deb in
git (Alioth) and consider the syncing debian/ dir with upstream is the
duplicate work. Therefore, I'll ask the upstream to drop the debian/
dir soon.