Re: RFS: apt-spy

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Stefano Canepa wrote:

> After your previous email I contacted monit authors to solve the
> licensing problem. One of them replyed he has no problem if I use these
> three methods even releasing they code with BSD license as the rest of
> apt-spy. Do you think I need to wait for all three to reply? Do I need
> to include the message somewhere? And if yes where is it appropriate? In
> the README?

The copyright notice for util.c from monit is this:

Copyright (C) 2009 Tildeslash Ltd. All rights reserved.

Your permission therefore needs to come from official representatives
of "Tildeslash Ltd.", not from random folks who have contributed to
monit.

I would suggest to include the mail in the commit message where you
change the license in the git repository. Probably it is not needed in
the README file.

--
bye,
pabs