Re: RFS: freefilesync (new upstream version)

Hi Andreas,

> lintian -IE --pedantic:
>> P: freefilesync source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary lib/ShadowCopy/Shadow_Windows7_x64.dll

I will ask upstream project.

>> P: freefilesync source: out-of-date-copyright-format-uri http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?op=file&rev=135

I will update it.

>> P: freefilesync: no-upstream-changelog

Upstream changelog is provided in a separate tarball and upstream
project doesn't want to include it in source code tarball.
Is it possible to "merge" automatically source code and changelog
tarballs to remove this lintian warning ?

>> I: freefilesync: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly

I will update it.

>> W: freefilesync: possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description

I will update it.

>> W: freefilesync: extra-license-file usr/share/FreeFileSync/License.txt

I will try to exclude it from dh_install.

>> W: freefilesync: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/FreeFileSync
>> W: freefilesync: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/RealtimeSync

I will add them.

> Other remarks:
>  * All files in debian/ directory are marked as executable.

They shouldn't be. I will change that.

>  * Your watch file doesn't work with the current naming scheme.

You're right, upstream project doesn't warn me of the change.
I will update it.

>  * Your debian/copyright file is not valid (checked with
>   config-edit -application dpkg-copyright -ui none)

Same as lintian warning "out-of-date-copyright-format-uri" ?

>  * The debian/dirs file seems to be unnecessary.

Removed.

>  * Consider using dh(1) in debian/rules with some override targets.

What do you mean exactly ?

>  * Your latest debian/changelog entry just states Closes: #648610, please be more verbose.

Ok.

>> dpkg-source: error: detected 16 unwanted binary files (add them in debian/source/include-binaries to allow their inclusion).
>> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b freefilesync-4.3 gave error exit status 29

These files will be added in "debian/source/include-binaries".

Thanks a lot for reviewing my package.

Damien Lecan