Re: RFS: freefilesync (new upstream version)

On 11/23/2011 10:13 PM, Damien Lecan wrote:

I am not a DD so can't sponsor your package.

> A new upstream version of FreeFileSync has been released (Lintian
> warnings has been fixed too).

lintian -IE --pedantic:

> P: freefilesync source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary lib/ShadowCopy/Shadow_Windows7_x64.dll
> P: freefilesync source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary lib/ShadowCopy/Shadow_Server2003_x64.dll
> P: freefilesync source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary Samples.rar
> P: freefilesync source: source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary lib/ShadowCopy/Shadow_XP_x64.dll
> P: freefilesync source: out-of-date-copyright-format-uri http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?op=file&rev=135
> P: freefilesync: no-upstream-changelog
> I: freefilesync: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
> W: freefilesync: possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description
> W: freefilesync: extra-license-file usr/share/FreeFileSync/License.txt
> W: freefilesync: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/FreeFileSync
> W: freefilesync: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/RealtimeSync

Other remarks:

 * All files in debian/ directory are marked as executable.
 * Your watch file doesn't work with the current naming scheme.
 * Your debian/copyright file is not valid (checked with
   config-edit -application dpkg-copyright -ui none)
 * The debian/dirs file seems to be unnecessary.
 * Consider using dh(1) in debian/rules with some override targets.
 * Your latest debian/changelog entry just states Closes: #648610,
   please be more verbose.

The package fails to build twice in a row:

> dpkg-source: error: detected 16 unwanted binary files (add them in debian/source/include-binaries to allow their inclusion).
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b freefilesync-4.3 gave error exit status 29
(Full log of second attempt:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~amoog/freefilesync-twice-ftbfs.txt)

Cheers, Andreas