Re: flashcache - call for resolution / seeking for a mentor

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 01:21:00PM +1000, onlyjob wrote:
>     Could someone please kindly have a look at the package I've made
> (and provide comments)?
You didn't fix Vcs-* per Arno comments in the ITP bug.

What is "This has to be exported to make some magic below work." (before
'export DH_OPTIONS')?

You dont need --with quilt and quilt Build-Dep with 3.0 (quilt) and lintian
tells you that.

If "At the moment this version works only on x86_64 a.k.a. amd64" why
Architecture: linux-any?

Some files under utils/ are 2-BSD and it is useful to document that in
debian/copyright. It may be better to convert debian/copyright to
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/ format at least in this case.
Also, I think "Based on DM-Cache: Copyright (C) International Business
Machines Corp., 2006" should be reflected in debian/copyright too.

The patch lacks author information (did you see
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/ ? it suggests adding other useful
information to patch headers).

> The package I need someone to look at is "flashcache" uploaded to
> mentors.debian.net
The usual practice is to provide at least an URL of .dsc.
It's
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/flashcache/flashcache_1.0~20110920132357-1.dsc

--
WBR, wRAR