Re: How to startx inside a pbuilder-managed chroot?

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 10:07:21PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> Hello,
> I am not sure which list I should direct this question to: it's a
> problem I am facing because I need to try and reproduce some bugs
> inside a throw-away test environment (without risking to crash my real
> boxes).
> If there's a better Debian list where I can ask this question, please
> suggest: I apologize in advance, if this is the case.
>
> What I am trying to do (and failing miserably at) is to start an X
> session inside a throw-away sid chroot environment.

I used to do this long time ago (4-5 years ago, I had methods in

Since X requires many devices to be shared, virtual environment seems to
be realistic and simple for this.

Use kvm, qemu, virtualbox-ose, etc.  These are much safer through away
environment with less complication.

Then you can have multiple desktops :-)

Osamu