Re: RFS: mdadm

Hi

On Thursday 08 September 2011, Tim Gokcen wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mdadm".

You really want to CC the current mdadm maintainer for your NMU, done
with this mail; 'my package "mdadm"' is a bit ambiguous in this case
as well.

> This upload is a fix for two trivial bugs opened against the current
> mdadm package; the Debian-exclusive 'checkarray' script is excessively
> verbose and this can lead to unwanted nuisance cron mail.
>
> The upstream version is considerably ahead of what is currently in
> Debian repositories, although the Debian VCS (git) version is more up to
> date, but the Debian maintainer is not currently able to update the
> repository and I do not feel qualified in pulling from upstream or the
> Debian VCS, only in fixing these two nuisance issues which have been
> reported against the current version.
>
> I would like to push this package into stable after it has sat in
> unstable & testing for a suitable soak period; Debian developer Philipp
> Kern has indicated that this would be possible in regards to Debian bug
> 598957 <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=598957>, one of
> the two problems fixed in this upload. The other fix is for Debian bug
> 605722 <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=605722>, which
> is actual a partial regression of bug 510641
> <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=510641>.
>
>   * Package name    : mdadm
>     Version         : 3.1.4-1+8efb9d1.1
>     Upstream Author : Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
>   * URL             : http://neil.brown.name/git/mdadmmdadm/mdadm.git
>   * License         : GPL
>     Section         : admin
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> mdadm - tool to administer Linux MD arrays (software RAID)
>   mdadm-udeb - tool to administer Linux MD arrays (software RAID) (udeb)
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>    http://mentors.debian.net/package/mdadm
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>
>    dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mdadm/mdadm_3.1.4-1+8efb9d1.1.dsc
>
> I would be happy if someone uploaded this package for me.

Unlikely, given that your proposed NMU is FTBS when building in an
unstable environment because of http://bugs.debian.org/625392.

[ On a very personal note, I'd like to see http://bugs.debian.org/633880
  fixed/ applied myself, while not critical for Debian's current kernel
  versioning, the patch has been accepted upstream[1] post 3.2.2. ]

Regards
	Stefan Lippers-Hollmann

[1]	http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=commitdiff;h=f161d047eed634b3380262767f955eb888502e88