RFS: mdadm

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mdadm".

This upload is a fix for two trivial bugs opened against the current mdadm package; the Debian-exclusive 'checkarray' script is excessively verbose and this can lead to unwanted nuisance cron mail.

The upstream version is considerably ahead of what is currently in Debian repositories, although the Debian VCS (git) version is more up to date, but the Debian maintainer is not currently able to update the repository and I do not feel qualified in pulling from upstream or the Debian VCS, only in fixing these two nuisance issues which have been reported against the current version.

I would like to push this package into stable after it has sat in unstable & testing for a suitable soak period; Debian developer Philipp Kern has indicated that this would be possible in regards to Debian bug 598957 <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=598957>, one of the two problems fixed in this upload. The other fix is for Debian bug 605722 <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=605722>, which is actual a partial regression of bug 510641 <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=510641>.

 * Package name    : mdadm
   Version         : 3.1.4-1+8efb9d1.1
   Upstream Author : Neil Brown <neilb@suse.de>
 * URL             : http://neil.brown.name/git/mdadmmdadm/mdadm.git
 * License         : GPL
   Section         : admin

It builds those binary packages:

mdadm - tool to administer Linux MD arrays (software RAID)
 mdadm-udeb - tool to administer Linux MD arrays (software RAID) (udeb)

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  http://mentors.debian.net/package/mdadm

dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mdadm/mdadm_3.1.4-1+8efb9d1.1.dsc

I would be happy if someone uploaded this package for me.

Thanks,

Tim Gokcen