Re: RFS: open-axiom

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:54:43 +0400, Igor Pashev <pashev.igor@gmail.com> wrote:
> 03.09.2011 19:22, David Bremner пишет:
> 1. Is it ok to use different lisps on different archs?
>    Or is it better to wait for sbcl (in lenny there were many archs) ?

Yes, that is OK.

> 2. I set build-dep to sbcl >= 1.0.30, but I see sbcl has an epoch.
>    Should I change it? sbcl >=2:1.0.30 (wheezy and sid have 2) ?

no, you don't need the epoch.

I pushed some things to

  http://pivot.cs.unb.ca/git/?p=open-axiom.git;a=summary

you might find interesting.

upstream       has the upstream tarball imported
pristine-tar   is auxilary data for the pristine tar utility
master         has one patch to fix a lintian warning
build          has merged debian packaging and upstream source.

It's up to you how you want to organize things, but I personally find it
most convenient to work with a branch like "build" and commit directly
there, after merging in the new upstream release. Most of my packaging
repos have such a branch as master. Most of the tools like gitpkg and
git-buildpackage expect such a branch.

Of course it costs a bit of diskspace to store the upstream source as
well, but github won't complain about 86M. And if they do you can always
use alioth.debian.net

Oh, and for next upload please add Vcs-Browser and Vcs-Git headers