Re: RFS: assimp

Le Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:22:00AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl a écrit :

> So the order would be 1~dfsg  << 1 << 1+dfsg.
>
> You usually use ~ for smaller pre versions and similar, where you have
> 0.9pre1, and later a 0.9 which should be a higher version number.
> However, I can't think of a scenario, where ~dfsg makes sense.

Hi all,

When I remove some files from a source package, I sometimes use ~dfsg, in the
case their copyright holder later relicenses them without Upstream making a new
release.  It is then possible to package the original upstream sources under
their original version number.

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy