RFS: assimp

Dear mentors, sponsors and fellow Debianistas,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "assimp".

* Package name    : assimp
   Version         : 2.0.863~dfsg-1
   Upstream Author : ASSIMP Development team
 * URL             : http://assimp.sf.net
 * License         : BSD (3-clause)
   Section         : graphics

"Assimp" is a "3D model import library", meaing you can use it to import
3D scenes (as exported by blender, alias/wavefront, maya, 3dmax, and
lots more) into your applications (typically game engines or 3D
modellers / realtime renderers)

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

  http://mentors.debian.net/package/assimp

 dget -x
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/assimp/assimp_2.0.863~dfsg-1.dsc

the repository for the packaging can be found at
ssh+git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/assimp

the package uses cdbs for packaging.
the package has been repackaged to strip away non-dfsg parts from
upstream tarball.

i someone would be willing to have a look at it, i would be very
thankful. i would especially like to hear comments on the following topics:
- - repackaging (for dfsg-compliancy)
- - the debian/libassimp2.symbols file
- - python bindings package
- - D bindings package
- - ...

and the last stanza from the RFS-template:

cheers,
IOhannes m zmölnig