Re: RFS: assimp

* Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org>, 2011-08-19, 00:31:
some missing copyright information

DEP-5-enabled lintian (see bug #633779) also reports several issues:

W: assimp source: missing-field-in-dep5-copyright paragraph 20 copyright
W: assimp source: comma-separated-files-in-dep5-copyright
W: assimp source: missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph 32 public domain
W: assimp source: missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph 32 free for use however you like credits are appreciated!!!
W: assimp source: missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph 32 reuse allowed for any purpose credits appreciated.
W: assimp source: missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph 32 redistribution

I'm neither an expert on python nor D packaging, hence I'll leave this bit to others.

I think you could drop build-dependency on python-dev.

I would consider stricter dependency between python-pyassimp and libassimp2. (It doesn't matter for the time being, but it might become a problem in the future.)

Shared library loading mechanism is utterly broken:

import pyassimp.pyassimp
['/usr/lib/']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pyassimp/pyassimp.py", line 167, in <module>
    class AssimpLib(object):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pyassimp/pyassimp.py", line 171, in AssimpLib
    load, release, dll = helper.search_library()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pyassimp/helper.py", line 103, in search_library
    raise AssimpError, "assimp library not found"
pyassimp.errors.AssimpError: assimp library not found

Also, why did it print stuff on stdout? :/

--
Jakub Wilk