Solving lintian warnings for multi-package roxterm

I've split roxterm in to three packages:

roxterm-legacy: binaries compiled and linked with GTK2
roxterm: binaries compiled and linked with GTK3
roxterm-common: All the other files

roxterm-legacy and roxterm Conflict with each other and both depend on
roxterm-common.

I've got 3 lintian warnings:

W: roxterm-legacy: menu-icon-missing usr/share/pixmaps/roxterm.xpm
W: roxterm: menu-icon-missing usr/share/pixmaps/roxterm.xpm
W: roxterm-common: desktop-command-not-in-package usr/share/applications/roxterm.desktop roxterm

Should I solve these by duplicating the offending files in
roxterm-legacy and roxterm, or keep common copies in roxterm-common and
add lintian overrides?

Also, roxterm-common currently only Recommends: roxterm | roxterm-legacy.
But I think I should make that Depends, especially if I override that
last warning. Policy says it is possible, but should be avoided if
possible. Avoidance is possible, but a mutual dependency seems the
better option to me in this case. Agreed?