Re: RFS: obexpushd (adopted two uploads ago)

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 11:16:28PM +0200, Gabriele Giacone wrote:

Hi,

> > 3.) You edit debian/changelog for past entries. This should not be done. As
> >     the edit is minor I'll leave it as is.
> Truth is hoexter (0.11.1-1 uploader) made such change [0] before
> uploading and I didn't port it back to my git repo. Result: not present
> in 0.11.2-1.
> For non-reviewers: we are talking about "no changes needed" present or
> not after "Bump Standards Version to <std-ver>".

I'm not yet sure what to learn from this issue but I found it more
concerning that you, I guess by accident, refreshed the finishing line
for the changelog entry. Now we've this in the changelog:

obexpushd (0.11.2-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release.
  * Bump Standards Version to 3.9.2 (no changes).
  * Add 01errno patch.
  * Update homepage and watchfile.

 -- Gabriele Giacone <1o5g4r8o@gmail.com>  Mon, 08 Aug 2011 02:55:21 +0200

obexpushd (0.11.1-1) experimental; urgency=low

  * New upstream release.
    + Fix NULL pointer dereference (Closes: #592270).
  * Standards-Version to 3.9.1.
  * d/copyright: Fixed md5.c path.
  * Removed Ola Lundqvist from Uploaders.

 -- Gabriele Giacone <1o5g4r8o@gmail.com>  Mon, 08 Aug 2011 01:57:03 +020

That's bogus in so far that the upload to experimental didn't happen today
but back in December 2010.

I failed in a similar way when I replied in private instead
of CC'ing -mentors, which might have avoid this mess. :(
At least it won't hurt anyone, it's just a broken history.

Sven
--
I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart, comes a rebel fist