Re: RFS: wmmoonclock (updated package)

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 20:24:26 +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
Hi kix,

Hi Kilian

Sorry if I've made myself not clear enough as you do not seem to have gotten my point. To make an upload of 1.27-30 you have to use the orig.tar.gz like

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/wmmoonclock/wmmoonclock_1.27.orig.tar.gz
which is already in the Debian archive for the last versions.

clear now :-)

>3.) shipping changelog as docs is not an required.
>dh_installchangelogs
>should catch it in default locations - unusual locations can be
>provided
>in debian/rules as argument. No need to add changelog as docs too.

ok

I created a new package, but this package do not include the upstream changelog (the file on the wmmoonclock.docs file) Now this file is debian/changelog.upstream, but is not in the wmmoonclock.docs file and the is not included in the package. I think we need to include this file.

>4.) The patches altogether lack a DEP-3 header. Please consider
>adding
>one and especially feeding them back upstream to have them
>included and
>vanish from Debian packaging.

perfect, I will do it.

I think is done. Some days before send the package to mentors I created two packages, one without patches (patches applied) and other with patches (unapplied). I wrote to the Author asking about add the patches to the source in the upstream version, but I didn't get reply. For this reason I sent the package with patches not applied. The author don't reply me yet, probably is on vacation

>5.) Regarding taking over the maintainer ship. You should update the
>title of #588837 to read ITA.

ok

done

>6.) Updating debian/copyright to DEP-5 would be a bonus.

ok++

bonus and extra live ;-)

>7.) debian/watch is empty. This makes comparing new upstream
>tarballs to
>your provided one quite tedious. Please update it to the correct
>upstream locations.

There is not webserver yet. The info at http://windowmaker.org or
http://windowmaker.info is not updated. The pages will move to a CMS
soon, but there is no tarballs yet. I will update the package if the
tarballs are available. Now the files are only in the GIT.

That's quite sad but in that case the debian/copyright needs to be updated too (http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~mgh/WindowMaker/DockApps.shtml is no longer
valid then). And as a personal preference I'd recommend adding a
get-orig-source target in the meantime which would preferably reconstruct some tarball with the contents of the 1.27.orig.tar.gz as is now in the
Debian archive (if possible).

Ok, what should I do? Update the problems 3-7?

Yes, and reuse the original tarball to provide the next upload to
mentors.d.n (which would make the list 1-7 I guess). ;-)

I didn't do nothing with this part. I took the original tar.gz file from debian and I made the new package. But what should I do with the git files? How I should to update the package? why I need to update many things (DEP-5, DEP-3, ...) in the package if is "lintian clean"? why not is included in lintian these things?

Anyway, probably I will need to create a new package, because the problem with the changelog.upstream file, but please, tell me what to do with the git files and how to update the package.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Best Regards.

kix

Ah! the new package is in mentors ;-)