Re: RFS: presage

Hi Kilian,

1.) debian/control has broken RFC822 multiline fields. The first char of all
     subsequent lines needs to be a white space.
Subsequent lines in multiline fields begin with a single space
character. I think this complies with RFC822, or am I missing
something?
My vim highlighting tells me that whitespace is ok but tabstop isn't.
Practicallly dpkg seems to agree with you that tabs are accepted as well.
;-)

For the Description fiels you've used leading white space btw. just not for
Build-Depends and Depends of libpresage1 and pyprompter.

Ah, I see. I replaced tabs with spaces.

libpresage-dev.install still has
usr/share/presage/getting_started.txt usr/share/doc/libpresage-dev
which effectively is a *.docs entry. Not sure why you'd want to hide that in
*.install.

Yes, I removed that from libpresage-dev.install and added it to libpresage-dev.docs.

10.) pyprompter and libpresage-dev are arch any but none of which has any
      arch dependent files. Do you plan to add a static lib or something?
I changed pyprompter package to arch: all and changed its dependency
to python-presage (>= ${binary:Version}) to clear the lintian
not-binnmuable-all-depends-any error. Is this appropriate?
Sure. Looks good to me. Even though as the arch=all only is built for the
first time, you could as well use>= ${source:Version} here.

Thanks. Changed to use >= ${source:Version}

I'm not sure what to do with the libpresage-dev package.
I tried changing this to arch: all, but this also caused lintian to
give a not-binnmuable-all-depends-any error.
Should -dev packages not be arch: any ?
Can I change its "libpresage1 (= ${binary:Version})" to "libpresage1
(>= ${binary:Version})" ?
Mmmmh, this one is a bit more tricky. I think it's best to leave it as is
because otherwise you'd loosen the Depends too much.

And eventually there'll be a static lib or some other arch dependent code
that you'll want to ship in the -dev package anyway.

Ok, thanks.

Your patch
debian/patches/fix-hyphen-used-as-minus-sign-in-text2ngram-man-page.patch
doesn't have a debian/patches/series and therefore isn't applied. Is this
intended?

Ah, yes, this patch is no longer needed. I've removed it.

I've uploaded the update package (version 0.8.6-1) on on mentors.debian.net:
- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/presage/presage_0.8.6-1.dsc

I would be glad if you uploaded this package for me.

Cheers,
- Matteo