Re: RFS: presage

Hi Matteo,

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 09:13:06PM +0100, Matteo Vescovi wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor/reviewer for my package "presage".

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian
> unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/presage/presage_0.8.6-1.dsc
>

> Since the last review, I switched the packaging from CDBS to debhelper 7 dh.

Good! ;-)

Your changelog looks like this has been in Debian for a looong time yet I
cannot find any traces of it. If you reckon this is an initial upload there
should be only one entry in debian/changelog.

> The package appears to be lintian clean (running sid's `lintian -iIE
> --pedantic' on the .changes file), except for a bunch of
> experimental duplicate-files warnings such as:
>
> X: libpresage-doc: duplicate-files usr/share/doc/libpresage-doc/html/classVariable_a178047db72953639e28c5931afca5f71_cgraph.md5 usr/share/doc/libpresage-doc/html/classVariable_a90a6a790b6f307e872919d8f4e9c809b_cgraph.md5
[...]
> These warnings apply to files generated by Doxygen during the build.
> Should I add lintian overrides for these?

No, X is an experimental tag. No need to override. Just take it as a comment
lintian gives you.

> I would be glad if someone reviewed/uploaded this package for me.

Ok, you asked for it, so here goes:

1.) debian/control has broken RFC822 multiline fields. The first char of all
    subsequent lines needs to be a white space.

    Just for the record: LaTeX is spelled LaTeX not LaTex.

2.) debian/changelog should only be the initial entry for a first time
    upload.

3.) Vcs-Svn and Vcs-Browser look like you haven't splitted out Debian
    packaging from upstream. This should be separated as a best practice.

4.) Using dh_python2 would allow you to use ${python:Depends}

5.) debian/copyright is still at rev 135. Latest candidate of DEP-5 is 174

    Moreover there's a typo: License: GLP-2+
    And these seem to be not included:
    ./apps/gtk/gprompter/scintilla/src/RESearch.h: *No copyright* Public domain
    ./apps/gtk/gprompter/scintilla/lexlib/StyleContext.cxx: Public domain
    ./apps/gtk/gprompter/scintilla/lexlib/StyleContext.h: Public domain

6.) debian/libpresage1.symbols looks pretty empty

7.) usr/share/doc/libpresage-dev doesn't need to be created in
    debian/libpresage-dev.dirs - it'll be auto-created by
    debian/libpresage-dev.docs if required.

8.) autotools-dev is pulled in as Build-Depends but not activated in
    debian/rules' dh call.

9.) #468814 should be retitled to ITP

10.) pyprompter and libpresage-dev are arch any but none of which has any
     arch dependent files. Do you plan to add a static lib or something?

--
Best regards,
Kilian