Re: RFS: evolution-tray

Hi Max,

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 09:56:37AM +0600, Max Tsepkov wrote:
> Thanks to people from debian-devel the package is now ready and lintian
> clean.
> Therefore, I'm reposting the RFS.
> * Package name    : evolution-tray
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/evolution-tray/evolution-tray_0.0.7-1.dsc

Thanks for your work. Reviewing your package I find:

1.) You're using dh 7 style for debian/rules but scripting the binary target
    yourself. Why? You don't seem to put any options and even if so, you
    could still add the override_.. targets.

2.) You include autotools-dev in Build-Depends, but don't add the call to dh
    in debian/rules.

3.) You put depends for your binary package even though using
    shlibs:Depends. Why aren't they properly detected by the automatic of
    dh_shlibdeps?

4.) src/tray.c still has the old FSF-address. Upstream should correct this.

5.) You build-depends on debhelper (>= 8.0.0) which will block backporting.
    Depending on >= 8 or >= 8.0 would be preferred.

6.) The template header in debian/rules can be removed

7.) debian/watch is missing.

8.) lintian moans about:
    E: evolution-tray: non-empty-dependency_libs-in-la-file
    usr/lib/evolution/2.32/plugins/liborg-gnome-evolution-tray.la

    I don't see why the *.la file is needed at all. Can you explain?

Apart from that good to go even though I'm wondering if it'd not be easier
to try and find a way to make this code be included upstream in evolution
itself.

--
Best regards,
Kilian