Re: RFS: mgen

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 10:01:19PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mgen".
> >
> > * Package name    : mgen
> >   Version         : 5.02-1
> >   Upstream Author : Naval Research Laboratory <mgen@pf.itd.nrl.navy.mil>
> > * URL             : http://cs.itd.nrl.navy.mil/work/mgen/index.php
> > * License         : Open Source
> >   Section         : net
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > mgen       - The Multi-Generator for IP network performance tests
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >

> Err, no:
>
> W: mgen source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-arch
> W: mgen source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-indep
> W: mgen source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.2)
> I: mgen source: debian-watch-contains-dh_make-template
> E: mgen: helper-templates-in-copyright
> W: mgen: description-synopsis-starts-with-article
> I: mgen: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 4497kB 92%

I think I fixed all issues. Could you take another look?

> [...]
>
> Anyhow, despite these the package looks pretty much ok; and all of the above
> should be easy to address. Just two more issues that need to be resolved:
>
> - The package ships PDF files; please rebuild them from source as part of the
>   package build process; I suppose all the necessary sources are part of the
>   package anyhow.  Otherwise we will be in trouble and those files will have to
>   be removed.

I removed the pdfs, they contain the same information as the html documentation
anyway.

> - Your debian/watch file is slightly broken: the final src-mgen-(.*).02.tar.gz
>   should probably be src-mgen-(.*).tar.gz, otherwise the Debian package will be
>   reported as being newer than upstream.

Yeah, thanks! That was a typo.

> Two further nice-to-have changes: Use dh 7 simplified debian/rules; this would
> immediately address the first two lintian warnings. Moving debian/copyright to
> DEP-5 could go along with the fix of the error reported by lintian.

I ran into bug 631674 ;-)

I'll move it to DEP-5 when upstream provides a license file. For the moment
I've included my email-exchange with upstream regarding the missing license in
debian/copyright. I hope that is ok...

> Hope this helps,

A lot! Thanks!

 Regards,