Re: RFS: parcellite 1.0.2~rc2-1 (updated package)

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 02:54:32PM -0400, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
> My sponsor is a swamped with other matters, so I turn to you to
> hopefully review/ sponsor my package.
>
> I've uploaded it to mentors.debian.net:
> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/parcellite/parcellite_1.0.2~rc2-1.dsc

Thanks for the update. I see your upstream isn't too keen on clean release
tarballs (as the many *~ files document obviously - now that they have
remove config.status at least), heh? ;-)

Anyway, regarding your packaging:

1.) adding autotools-dev would be still a plus for your package.

2.) debian/copyright is not (yet) in DEP-5 format but in some older format.
    I don't know about Ubuntu but for Debian converting to DEP-5 would be
    preferred (at least in d-mentors)

3.) debian/patches/dsofix.patch is having a good DEP-3 header already yet
    hasn't been marked as pushed upstream. Don't you think upstream will be
    interested in importing this back into their files?

4.) The LGPL2 files obviously still have the wrong FSF address:
./src/eggaccelerators.h: LGPL (v2 or later) (with incorrect FSF address)
./src/eggaccelerators.c: LGPL (v2 or later) (with incorrect FSF address)
    You may want to inform upstream about this and have them fix this with
    the next release.

Other than that looks good to go, thus built, signed, uploaded.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Kilian