Re: acsccid (Updated)

Hi Godfrey,

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 11:53:45AM +0800, Godfrey Chung wrote:
> I just updated debian/copyright. Please have a look. Thanks!

Thanks for your work.

Having a first look myself at your package I find:

1. You build-depend on autotools-dev but don't use it in debian/rules' dh
   call. Please add it to dh.

2. Your patch lacks a DEP-3 header indicating where this patch came from and
   whether upstream was notified of this to support their development in case
   it wasn't pulled from there.

3. Your override_dh_auto_install target in debian/rules lacks a tab (to make
   syntax highlighting happy) and more importantly you override
   override_dh_makeshlibs without any rationale I could see. Please put a
   comment why this is needed or remove the override.

4. Regarding the mv and symlink you may want to talk to upstream about
   supporting sysconfdir in a proper way. I think they will find it helpful
   to learn that FHS doesn't foresee /usr writeable and thus suitable for
   config files.

5. The debian/rules template header can be omited too.

6. The name "libacsccid" does not follow the recommended naming scheme for
   libraries. It should be libacsccid102 or something alike. See [1] for
   details.

7. Building your package I still see:
   udev support:            no

   This seems not to be the intended output looking at the udev rules file.
   There is no Depends on udev too however. Are you sure that the built
   package works ok if built in a clean pbuilder?

8. The upstream changelog is not shipped in the binary package. Please
   consider adding it too.

[1]: http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-sharedlibs.html#s-sharedlibs-runtime

--
Best regards,