From: Michael Tautschnig
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:47 PM
To: Godfrey Chung
Cc: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: RFS: acsccid (Updated)

Hi,

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "acsccid". Actually, I posted the request about 1 month ago and I did not receive any response here.
>
> The package had been updated and fix the following problems:
> 1. The project is hosted in sourceforge now and watch file is updated.
> 2. Remove dh_makeshlibs from rules file.
> 3. Fix non-redistributable reference manual problem.
>
> * Package name    : acsccid
>   Version         : 1.0.2-1
>   Upstream Author : Advanced Card Systems Ltd.
> * URL             : http://acsccid.sourceforge.net/
> * License         : LGPL-2.1
>   Section         : libs
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libacsccid - PC/SC driver for ACS USB CCID smart card readers

[...]

This may be true, but it doesn't build :-/

Well, to start out in proper order, here's my review results:

- Please use DEP-5 format for debian/copyright and please make extra-sure you
  don't miss any copyright holders as the package seems to have quite a number
  of them. DEP-5 format will make this much easier to check.
- You probably want to add a Depends: on udev instead of merely recommending it
  in some README file.
- configure yields the following result:

  udev support:            no
  I'm not sure this is intended.
- Your package fails to build from source:
ifdhandler.c: In function ‘IFDHControl’:
ifdhandler.c:1416:22: error: ‘FEATURE_MCT_READERDIRECT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
ifdhandler.c:1416:22: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[3]: *** [libacsccid_la-ifdhandler.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/tautschnig/debian/acsccid/acsccid-1.0.2/src'

Please get those fixed, then another more thorough package review will follow.

Best,
Michael