RFS: rrep (updated package)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.3.3-2
of my package "rrep".

It builds these binary packages:
rrep       - recursive pattern replacement utility

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rrep/rrep_1.3.3-2.dsc

On 08/01/2011 11:29 PM, Kilian Krause wrote:
> You add autotools-dev to Build-Depends yet don't add them to the dh line in
> debian/rules. I doubt this was done intentionally.

I added --with autotools_dev to the debian/rules.

> In your copyright you mention "documentation" that is "GFDL" yet without
> naming any files. I guess it'd be nice to explicitly spell out which files
> are to be regarded as documentation in this context.

I restructured the debian/copyright file and point out which file is
GFDL licensed.

> The Suggests: libpcre3 is really fully optional to your program? Suggests is
> something that does enhance a package if available on the system yet not
> block any of the core functions if not installed.

I don't use libpcre3 yet. I plan to do so in an upcoming version but for
now I just removed the corresponding Build-Depends and Suggests entries.

> one thing I forgot to mention is also that your Build-Depends on
> debhelper with 8.0.0 does rule out any backports in oldstable. For
> this either >= 8 or > = 8.0.0~ should be used.

I changed it to >= 8.

Kind regards
 Arno Onken