Re: RFS: libbs2b and bs2b-ladspa

Thanks for the review!

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 20:44:16 +0200
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Andrew Gainer wrote:
>
> > The package appears to be *sort of* lintian clean.
>
> When in doubt, run lintian with --info, which gives detailed
> information about the warnings.

Seems like I learn a new trick every day. This looks super-useful.

> > * There are several old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file warnings. Is
> > the correct procedure on these to correct the license texts (seems
> > fishy) or leave them alone (and let lintian yell at me)?
>
> Fix them in debian/copyright and ask upstream to fix them in the
> source code.

Done.

> > * libbs2b gives "no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libbs2b.so.0.0.0".
> > A quick bit of Googling leads me to believe that this isn't very
> > important for a slow-moving API like this library's, but my
> > knowledge of the inner workings of the linking system is pretty
> > rudimentary. Input on this or other aspects of library packaging
> > would be much appreciated.
>
> Symbols files are more useful for slower-moving ABIs, since they relax
> dependency versions.

This problem seems to have disappeared when I did some other futzing with the build system. I don't know why it did, but hopefully that's an end on it.

> > * libbs2b also gives "source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary
> > win32/sndfile/libsndfile-1.dll", which is true. Of course, I'm not
> > using the win32 files at all, so I guess the best thing to do is
> > just to strip them out, but I'm not sure what the Debian Way to do
> > this is.
>
> Yep, write a debian/rules get-orig-source tarball to create a new
> tarball with those things removed.

Done. I used the rules file from your package 'cultivation' as a template. I've changed the revision of libbs2b to 3.1.0+dfsg-1 to reflect this.

New versions of both packages uploaded, fixing these and a couple of other glitches. lintian --pedantic now complains only of the lack of an upstream changelog in bs2b-ladspa, which is out of my hands.

Thanks again for your advice, Paul.

--Andrew