Re: RE : : RFS: autoconf-archive (updated package)

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:47:25 +0200, Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org> wrote:
Non-text part: multipart/signed

> I've not "fixed" the unneeded-build-dep-on-quilt warning of lintian, but
> maybe that could be part of the gitpkg "fix" that would only ship
> debian/patches (including debian/patches/series) if it's really
> required

This is already fixed in gitpkg 0.20; the lintian false-positive is about
something different; see #633891 for details.

> and also ship the quilt-b-dep if it's really required. It may very well
> be that it's not even required due to the dpkg-source v3.

The quilt build-dep has nothing to do with gitpkg, as far as I know. I
suspect you (and lintian) are correct that it is not needed.