Re: RFS: steadyflow (now in Ubuntu)

Hi,

> This is strange. I just tried building it in a sid pbuilder, and it
> succeeded - in fact, I cannot reproduce this build error at all. Could
> it be possible that you have vala-0.12 installed alongside some other
> version of Vala (say, 0.10) and it's not the default version selected in
> alternatives?

[...]

Hmm, indeed I do:

# dpkg -l | grep vala
ii  libvala-0.10-0                            0.10.4-1                                  C# like language for the GObject system - library
ii  libvala-0.12-0                            0.12.1-1                                  C# like language for the GObject system - library
ii  valac                                     0.10.4-1                                  C# like language for the GObject system
ii  valac-0.10                                0.10.4-1                                  C# like language for the GObject system
ii  valac-0.12                                0.12.1-1                                  C# like language for the GObject system

I'm afraid, however, that you will have to cope with this situation. You could
use Build-Conflicts to hack away the problem, but then I wonder whether the
problem would just be deferred to runtime?

Best,
Michael