Re: Nitpicking: you are doing it wrong

> On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 12:55 +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
>
> [...] but should be made explicit as the reasons not to use dh, for
> example, might mean that the helper is lacking functionality or
> behaves buggy in certain situations.

I don't get it here...

Do you think that debian/rules calling the emacs debhelper
when it's not needed 99.9999% of the times is a superior way
to do packaging? Or is using something fully automated where
you don't have to think or understand what's going on a better
way to do things?

In what way not using dh has to be justified at all? I'd rather say
the opposite way! I really don't think that dh is "state-of-the-art"
(as Arno is saying later on in this thread).

Thomas