Re: how to get people to run lintian on their packages

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 22:47:24 +0200
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> It is rare to see an RFS that says "The package appears to be lintian
> clean." and the package (especially binary ones) actually be lintian
> clean. If we were to change the RFS template, what could we change it
> to in order to encourage accuracy and for people to actually use
> lintian and fix any issues found.

Up front: I'm not entirely sure whats in the template as its some time
since i've used it.... (yay for teams).

I've wondered why the result of lintian wasn't automatically included
in the template, in a non-user-serviceable kind of way already. It
would allow sponsors to look at the rfs and say 'thats not clean, they
say it is, probably better places to spend my time'.

Thats not to say doco shouldn't be updated to make it obvious lintian
needs running before upload...

thanks,
kk

--