Re: RFS: wmmixer

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 13:48:13 +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
Hi,

Name:	wmmixer
Maintainer:	Rodolfo García Peñas (kix) (kix@kix.es) (Debian QA page)
Version:	1.5-12
Uploaded:	2011-04-05 15:38:10
Repository URL:	http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/wmmixer
Section:	x11
Priority:	extra
Lintian warnings:	1
Lintian report:	W: wmmixer source: changelog-should-mention-qa
N:
N: If this upload is to orphan this package, please mention this fact on N: the first line of the changelog. If this is a QA upload, please mention
N: "QA (group) upload" there.
N:
N: Severity: normal, Certainty: certain
N:
Closes bugs:	454286

Sorry, but your changelog entry isn't really appropriate.

- Why have urgency=low QA (group) upload in the first line when you
are doing a
  proper upload?
- Aren't you adopting this package? At least #490739 appears to say so.
- Duplicate information about bumping to 3.9.1
- A blank line before the list of changes would be nice.

Furthermore, why did you bump the debhelper build dependency to 7.0
when at the
same time not making use of its new simplified debian/rules?

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

thanks a lot for your reply.

- Why have urgency=low QA (group) upload in the first line when you
are doing a proper upload?

Lintian detects the package as orphan and then shows the warning. If I try to write "QA (group) upload" in the first line (alone), lintian shows other warning. I don't know how to avoid the lintian warning. What should I do? IMHO the lintian
warning message cannot be solved.

- Aren't you adopting this package? At least #490739 appears to say so.

I am trying to do that.

- Duplicate information about bumping to 3.9.1
- A blank line before the list of changes would be nice.

Solved (both) in my sources. When the previous comments where solved, then I will
update the new package.

Furthermore, why did you bump the debhelper build dependency to 7.0
when at the same time not making use of its new simplified debian/rules?

I cannot find the info to rewrite the debian/rules to 7.0
What are the differences? When can I found docs about it.

Thanks a lot,

best regards.

kix.