Re: RFS: trophy (Adopted and updated package)

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org> wrote:

> 1. Using dh-autoreconf is ugly. Please try to avoid it and backport the
> full regenerated configure in your patch to make sure the source is
> identical on all buildds. IMHO dh-autoreconf is a solution for a local
> build that you maintain for yourself outside of Debian, but not for an
> official pacakge.

What do you base this statement on?

IMO being able to modify and rebuild the build system on Debian is
just as essential to our users as being able to modify and rebuild the
programs and documentation etc. Using dh-autoreconf helps ensure that
we learn about failures early, especially since some Debian QA folks
do periodic archive-wide rebuilds and report FTBFS bugs.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise