Re: RFS: flvmeta (updated package)

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> Uploaded.

Thanks a lot :)

> Some things you might want to deal with or pass upstream:
>
> Is src/libyaml a copy of the libyaml in libyaml in Debian? If so,
> please report this embedded code copy to the Debian security team.
> Also get upstream to remove it or otherwise ensure the Debian package
> only builds against the system libyaml.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/libyaml

I will try to build the flvmeta against the system libyaml first.
If not success, I will consult with upstream.

> The upstream readme says the following. Looks like I was right about
> the above code copy and that there is another one. Please do the above
> for both of them and get mjson packaged for Debian.
>
> The FLVmeta source package includes and uses the following software:
> - the mjson JSON document parser and emitter (http://mjson.sourceforge.net/)
> - the libyaml YAML parser and emitter (http://pyyaml.org/wiki/LibYAML)

I have not packaged any libs yet but "mjson" is not too bad to try.

> licensecheck says that upstream is using the incorrect FSF address in
> their license grants, please ask them to fix that.

Forwarded to upstream with proposed patch,
http://code.google.com/p/flvmeta/issues/detail?id=39&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary%20Branch

> You can drop the blank line from debian/watch.

OK, will drop in next upload.

> Please get the manual page merged upstream.

Requested,
http://code.google.com/p/flvmeta/issues/detail?id=18&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary%20Branch

> Please use gitweb for your Vcs-Browser URL:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/flvmeta.git

OK, will change in next upload.

> The upstream test suite doesn't seem to be run:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/pabs/.../flvmeta-1.1~r230/tests'
> ==================
> All 0 tests passed
> ==================
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/pabs/.../flvmeta-1.1~r230/tests'

I forgot to include the "check - unit test framework for C" in the
build-deps -_-''.

> cppcheck warnings:
>
> $ cppcheck -j8 --quiet -f .
> [src/json.c:1189]: (error) Buffer access out-of-bounds
>
> GCC warnings:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -Wall -I./libyaml -g -O2 -c check.c
> check.c: In function ‘check_flv_file’:
> check.c:669:18: warning: ‘on_metadata’ may be used uninitialized in
> this function [-Wuninitialized]
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -Wall -I./libyaml -g -O2 -c json.c
> json.c: In function ‘json_unescape’:
> json.c:1337:7: warning: format ‘%llX’ expects argument of type ‘long
> long unsigned int’, but argument 3 has type ‘int64_t’ [-Wformat]
> json.c: In function ‘json_saxy_parse’:
> json.c:2806:12: warning: variable ‘temp’ set but not used
> [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

Forwarded to upstream with proposed patches,
http://code.google.com/p/flvmeta/issues/detail?id=38&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary%20Branch

Best regards,
Neutron Soutmun