Re: RFS: flvmeta (updated package)

Uploaded.

Some things you might want to deal with or pass upstream:

Is src/libyaml a copy of the libyaml in libyaml in Debian? If so,
please report this embedded code copy to the Debian security team.
Also get upstream to remove it or otherwise ensure the Debian package
only builds against the system libyaml.

http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/libyaml

The upstream readme says the following. Looks like I was right about
the above code copy and that there is another one. Please do the above
for both of them and get mjson packaged for Debian.

The FLVmeta source package includes and uses the following software:
- the mjson JSON document parser and emitter (http://mjson.sourceforge.net/)
- the libyaml YAML parser and emitter (http://pyyaml.org/wiki/LibYAML)

licensecheck says that upstream is using the incorrect FSF address in
their license grants, please ask them to fix that.

You can drop the blank line from debian/watch.

Please get the manual page merged upstream.

Please use gitweb for your Vcs-Browser URL:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/flvmeta.git

The upstream test suite doesn't seem to be run:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/pabs/.../flvmeta-1.1~r230/tests'
==================
All 0 tests passed
==================
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/pabs/.../flvmeta-1.1~r230/tests'

cppcheck warnings:

$ cppcheck -j8 --quiet -f .
[src/json.c:1189]: (error) Buffer access out-of-bounds

GCC warnings:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -Wall -I./libyaml -g -O2 -c check.c
check.c: In function ‘check_flv_file’:
check.c:669:18: warning: ‘on_metadata’ may be used uninitialized in
this function [-Wuninitialized]
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -Wall -I./libyaml -g -O2 -c json.c
json.c: In function ‘json_unescape’:
json.c:1337:7: warning: format ‘%llX’ expects argument of type ‘long
long unsigned int’, but argument 3 has type ‘int64_t’ [-Wformat]
json.c: In function ‘json_saxy_parse’:
json.c:2806:12: warning: variable ‘temp’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]

--
bye,
pabs