Re: RFS: opencpn

Hi,

(another) update on ITP progress for the OpenCPN software (opencpn.org),

Fixes noted in this email are in the new 2.4.620 release.

> the debian/ dir can be viewed here:
>    http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-grass/packages/opencpn/trunk/
>
> the .orig tarball can be found here:
>    http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-grass/packages/opencpn/tarballs/

sample data to test it with can be found here:
  https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_opencpn.sh#L75

Dave wrote:
> DONE...gpl for macutils, macsercomm is deprecated.

Hamish:
> ok, sid's lintian now reports:
>  E: opencpn-data: helper-templates-in-copyright
>  E: opencpn: embedded-library usr/bin/opencpn: tinyxml
>  E: opencpn: helper-templates-in-copyright
>  E: opencpn-doc: helper-templates-in-copyright
>
> tinyxml: not sure, exists to be embedded? suggestions to
> fix that welcome.
>
> helper-templates-in-copyright x3: I don't see what it's
> talking about, the debian/copyright files are custom crafted.

Advice welcome.

> compiler warnings:
>  upstream supplied with latest sid build log, nearly almost
> all squashed.

ongoing; it's getting there.

> valgrind analysis:
>  status unknown. (personal ignorance on my part of what's been done)

Volunteers welcome.

> > Your Standards-Version is out of date, please read the upgrading
> > checklist from the version of debian-policy in sid and do any required
> >
> changes:   /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt*

To do

> > The upstream README file contains information about building and
> > dependencies, which is not useful to people installing the binary
> > package. Please get upstream to split that out into README.install so
> > that it can be shipped in the source package but not the binary
> > package. Some of the path names may need tweaking for Debian too (/usr
> > vs /usr/local etc).

Install stuff now split off from README; INSTALL file not installed in
the binary packages (although perhaps the serial port setup stuff may
be useful to someone, somewhen).

> > plugins/grib_pi/CMakeLists.txt seems to include Windows line endings,
> > eww.

fixed.

> > When building the package I noticed that the gcc command-lines had
> > both -O2 and -O3.

fixed.

> > data/doc/images/print.html seems to be a 404 page, please remove it.

done.

> > data/doc/css/ can probably be used since nothing in the package uses
> > it.
> > Please remove data/doc/js/. Nothing in the package uses it and it is a
> > embedded code copy that is minified and therefore is missing the
> > source code.

removed.

> > A lot of the source code contains CVS $Id lines while the package is
> > in git, I would suggest to clean those up, especially the CPL_CVSID
> > ones.
>
> Filed upstream as FS#539.

still some remain.

> > The upstream README file (and many other files) has the executable bit
> > set, why is that?

fixed.

> > What is the license for src/bitmaps/paypal_donate.xpm?

PayPal pinged for an answer, awaiting reply.
see also `apt-file search paypal`

Hamish