Re: [pkg-fso-maint] FSO2 packaging

2011/6/11 Rico Rommel <rico@bierrommel.de>:
> Next try.
>
> I replaced fso-gsmd at mentors.debian.net with new version.

Thank you for the mentors uploads! Did you apply to the pkg-fso group
in alioth? I guess we'd some new admins to see approval needing
members. Anyway, if you didn't yet do that, please do so that you'd be
officially part of the pkg-fso maintainers.

Browsing through mentors, there are a few problems immediately visible
via lintian warnings:

- http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=libfsobasics
* complains about NMU, the real reason is that there is a typo in the
control file - bieromel with one 'r' only

- http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=libfsosystem
* see the warnings, probably all can be fixed as suggested

- http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=fso-usaged
* likewise

- http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=fso-usaged
- http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=fso-deviced
- http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=fso-datad
* similar to the two above

- http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=fso-tdld
* remnants of template in the Homepage field, remove the field or put
a proper URL

- http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=fso-common
* small fix needed

You mean run lintian -i -I -E *.changes yourself after
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot, or alternatively debuild runs lintian
automatically as well. The -I -E show additional warnings that may or
may not be needed to be fixed.

Also, file a ITP (Intent To Package) bug [1] with for example the
reportbug tool for the following packages that are not yet in Debian,
and add (Closes: #xxxxxx) to the respective changelogs:
- fso-datad
- fso-deviced
- fso-common
- fso-tdld
- libfsosystem

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

-Timo

(CC:ing debian-mentors list to potentially get additional feedback and
let them know of your work so far)