ia32-libs-dev build dependency vs. Ubuntu

Hello,

I'm the maintainer of v4l-utils and ran into the following problem:

The last v4l-utils Debian package added a build dependency to libjpeg,
and because I also build 32bit libs on amd64 (for Skype) I had to add an
build dependency on ia32-libs-dev (where libjpeg.so lives on Debian).

But as far as I can see Ubuntu does not have this package. Here the
libjpeg.so file is provided within the ia32-libs package.

Do you know how I can express this within the control file?

IMHO the Ubuntu ia32-libs package should provide the ia32-libs-dev
dependency. But it seems not to be there.

Personally I'd like to drop the 32bit packages and use multiarch. But
this does not seem to be ready for prime time.

Thanks,
Gregor

PS: Please CC I'm not subscribed