Re: RFS: cdpr (updated package)

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de> wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:55:59AM -0500, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.4-1
>> of my package "cdpr".
>
> * Why are you mangling a prior changelog entry when the changes to
>  debian/rules did not happen back then?

Good question. I must have eaten some bad mushrooms. I'm not even sure
when that happened, it's been a while since I looked at this package.

> * Will something break with compat level 8? If not, why not switch to
>  it directly and while you're at it document it in the changelog.

Not sure about the breakage with compat level 8. This is where I saw
the reference to 7:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dother.en.html#compat

> * debian/copyright is a bit delicate.
>  You list Lance O'Connor while all the file headers list
>  MonkeyMental.com. I guess Lance O'Connor is the person behind the domain
>  but IMO debian/copyright doesn't reflect the actual copyright holder
>  given in the code. Seems wrong to me, I'd mention both. But I'm not sure
>  how to correctly reflect this in this fancy new file format for
>  debian/copyright which I don't use.
>  Regarding this new file format I believe most people reference a revision
>  in a subversion repository instead of the wiki page.

Okay. I'll take a look.

>  A minor point is that you reference /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
>  which is not necessarily GPL2+ but still not totaly wrong if you make use
>  of the '+'. Opinion may vary on that one.

lintian --pedantic complained. I pinged d-devel before and didn't get
a clear answer, IIRC.

> * Regarding the examples you install, I'd recommend to use dh_installexamples
>  so they end up in the correct location.

Okay. I'll take a look.

Thanks for the review, Sven!

-matt