Re: RFS: cdpr (updated package)

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:55:59AM -0500, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:

Hi,

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.4-1
> of my package "cdpr".

* Why are you mangling a prior changelog entry when the changes to
  debian/rules did not happen back then?

* Will something break with compat level 8? If not, why not switch to
  it directly and while you're at it document it in the changelog.

* debian/copyright is a bit delicate.
  You list Lance O'Connor while all the file headers list
  MonkeyMental.com. I guess Lance O'Connor is the person behind the domain
  but IMO debian/copyright doesn't reflect the actual copyright holder
  given in the code. Seems wrong to me, I'd mention both. But I'm not sure
  how to correctly reflect this in this fancy new file format for
  debian/copyright which I don't use.
  Regarding this new file format I believe most people reference a revision
  in a subversion repository instead of the wiki page.

  A minor point is that you reference /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
  which is not necessarily GPL2+ but still not totaly wrong if you make use
  of the '+'. Opinion may vary on that one.

* Regarding the examples you install, I'd recommend to use dh_installexamples
  so they end up in the correct location.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.