Re: ITS: triggerhappy

On 2011-04-13 21:07, Stefan Tomanek wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "triggerhappy".
>
> * Package name    : triggerhappy
>   Version         : 0.3.4-2
>   Upstream Author : Stefan Tomanek <stefan.tomanek+th@wertarbyte.de>
> * URL             : https://github.com/wertarbyte/triggerhappy
> * License         : GPLv3
>   Section         : utils
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> triggerhappy - global hotkey daemon for Linux

> My motivation for maintaining this package is:
>
> [...]
> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/triggerhappy/triggerhappy_0.3.4-2.dsc

> Kind regards
>  Stefan Tomanek

Hi,

As far as I can tell this package has not been sponsored.  So here my
comments:

debian/copyright says it its GPL-3 or any later, but the license header
in the source files merely say:

"""
You have permission to copy, modify, and redistribute under the
terms of the GPL. For full license terms, see COPYING.
"""

Looking at COPYING, I see a GPL-3 license.  Please see the "How to Apply
These Terms to Your New Programs" in COPYING on an example of how to
correct this.
  Legal stuff is unfortunately very pedantic and d/copyright must
reflect what is in the upstream sources.

Secondly, the package has two debian-changes patches in debian/patches.
 As far as I can tell these patches have nothing Debian specific in
them.  Please rename the patches and fill out the DEP-3 listed in it
(remember to rename them in the debian/patches/series).
  Alternatively, use the --single-debian-patch approach (see man
dpkg-source).  The option should be added to debian/source/options.

There is a newer Standards-Version 3.9.2, please update accordingly.

The changelog file contains a lot of entries and some of them suggests
you have had an unofficial repository from where your users could
download this package.  If that is the case, please move the entry that
closes #603842 to the newest changelog entry[1].  Otherwise, please
remove all changelog entries and make a new 0.3.4-1 entry with a single
bullet entry: "Initial release.  (Closes: #603842)".
  Note: I do not mind if you reuse version numbers, if you only upload
the package to mentors.debian.net.

~Niels

[1] Since that will be the entry that actually closes the bug. :) I
would recommend using "First upload to Debian" as text.