Re: RFS: fetchmail-6.3.19 backport to Lenny

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 03:05:10PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:

Hi,
more or less a full quote for debian-backports

> I'm looking for a sponsor for a backport of fetchmail-6.3.19-1 to
> Debian Lenny.  The main reason for the backport is to forestall at
> least the very first requirement of the upstream fetchmail maintainers
> when problems are reported - "upgrade to the latest version" :)

I wonder if it makes sense to tackle such things for Lenny backports
now that we're more or less half through the year of old-stable support.

> The package is available at mentors.d.n:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fetchmail/fetchmail_6.3.19-1~bpo50+1.dsc

It should be aimed at -sloppy.

> I first sent this as a request for review to the pkg-fetchmail alioth
> list (the maintainers of the Debian fetchmail package) -
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-fetchmail-maint/2011-April/004071.html
> There were no concerns or objections raised, and Nico Golde seems to
> approve of the idea, as expressed in his reply -
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-fetchmail-maint/2011-May/004075.html

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.