Re: RFS: creepy

On Mon, 9 May 2011 22:14:39 -0500
Daniel Echeverry <epsilon77@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 2011/5/8 Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au>
>
> > On Sun, 8 May 2011 21:46:20 -0500
> > Daniel Echeverry <epsilon77@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear mentors,
> > >
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "creepy".
> > >
> > > * Package name    : creepy
> > >   Version         : 0.1.9.2-1
> > >   Upstream Author : Yiannis Kakavas <jkakavas@gmail.com>
> > > * URL             : http://ilektrojohn.github.com/creepy
> > > * License         : GPL3
> > >   Section         : python
> > >
> > > It builds these binary packages:
> > > creepy     - geolocation information aggregator
> > >
> > > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > * is the versioning 0.1.92 or 0.1.9.2?
> > * related to this, upstream has a 0.1.93 deb in his ppa. this might
> > ca
> > * policy version is now 3.9.2, you should probably update d/control
> > * man page title should be caps
> > * possible typo in man page, navigateable -> navigable
> > * typo in man page hiting -> hitting
> > * please upstream man page (etc), if its not been done yet.
> > * not sure 'run a creep gui' is the best way to describe the menu
> > entry :)
> >

> Done!

Thanks!
i have a few more comments, if you're not sick of me yet.

> Please checkout:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/creepy/creepy_0.1.93-1.dsc

* looking at the package again I note you put (C) 2011 for upstreams
source, but it only has (c) 2010 headers in it. you and upstream should
probably both fix that :)
* man page still has .TH creepy, aiui this should be .TH CREEPY. Can
  someone else comment on that?
* the .desktop says version 1.9.2, the package is now 1.93 so it needs
  updating.
* I got this error running uscan:
16:50:01  kgoetz@epicfail: /tmp/creepy-0.1.93 $ uscan
dpkg: version '/v0.1.9' has bad syntax: invalid character in version number
dpkg: version '/v0.1.9' has bad syntax: invalid character in version number
creepy: Newer version (/v0.1.9) available on remote site:
  http://githubredir.debian.net/github/ilektrojohn/creepy/v0.1.9.tar.gz
  (local version is 0.1.93)
creepy: Successfully downloaded updated package v0.1.9.tar.gz
    and symlinked creepy_/v0.1.9.orig.tar.gz to it

thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)