Re: Re: Re: RFS: retext

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 04:07:42PM +0400, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
> I updated the package, fixing most of things you pointed. Check it out
> (retext 1.0.1b-4).
> Some notes:
> * Lintian says I should put
> "http://sourceforge.net/retext/ReText_(.+)\.tar\.gz" [0] to
> debian/watch
> * I didn't figure out how to rename files while dh_install'ing them,
> so I have put some "mv && dh_install && mv" commands in debian/rules

You don't need to rename the files using dh_instal... just install them.
I would have put all the convert and mv commands to the build stage
(overriding dh_auto_build), e.g.:

  override_dh_auto_build:
	mv retext.py retext
	convert -resize 16 icons/retext.svg debian/icons/16/retext.png
	convert -resize 22 icons/retext.svg debian/icons/22/retext.png
	[...]

  override_dh_auto_clean:
	dh_auto_clean
	rm -rf debian/icons
	rm -f  retext
	[...]

and then in debian/retext.install:

  retext                     usr/bin
  debian/icons/16/retext.png usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps
  debian/icons/22/retext.png usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps
  [...]

This IMHO has also the nice side effect of using all the major targets
(build with dh_auto_build, install with dh_install and clean with
dh_auto_clean) and not just install. But of course it's your package, not
mine :)

> * "--with python2" is needed for Python packages, retext and wpgen are
> just single files in /usr/bin

dh_python2 can be used to build Python modules and applications (read its
manpage), but it does more, it also takes care of replacing the various
${python:*} variables in debian/control. You are currently using the
${python:Depends} variable, so you should either start using dh_python2 or
remove that variable from debian/control (which is not used right now).

Cheers

--
perl -E'$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'