Re: RFS: gtkpod (updated package)

On 09/05/2011 10:53, Etienne Millon wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> As the usual disclaimer says, please not that I am not a DD and so, I can not
> sponsor this package. However here is my review of gtkpod_2.0.0-1 (md5sum of dsc
> in case it changed : c9d4216c068873d3939f310de582c671).
>
>   - it builds in a clean chroot. However dpkg-shlibdeps complains about unneeded
>     shared libraries.

I already asked upstream for adding the --as-needed flag in linking
phase. No reply for now.

>   - debian/copyright makes references to nonexistent or moved files. For example
>     wavfile.{c,h} now live in plugins/filetype_wav, and there are no md5.{c,h}
>     file. This is a blocker, you should clarify which copyright applies to which
>     file.

I'm working on it now. I'd like to make it DEP-5 compliant.

>   - debian/rules :
>     - why do you remove RPATHs from executables and binary ? It's stated briefly
>       in NEWS.debian, but the reason is not there.

Without this hack, it doesn't compile and build. I'll add a line about
it in NEWS.Debian (or README.Debian?).

>     - as libgtkpod.la is new, no reverse dependencies should depend on its
>       existence. It should be safe not to install it[1].

OK, gonna remove it. However I asked in IRC channel and they told me how
to blank the dependency_libs field and keep the rest of the file, for
compatibility.

>   - debian/patches : please consider using the DEP-3 format[2].

OK.

>   - debian/changelog :
>     - as your ITA bug has been merged with the O bug, closing one should close
>       the other one.

Perfect. I'll remove the latter.

>     - technically, your patch system is not quilt, but the "3.0 (quilt)" format.
>       "quilt" refers to quilt used manually against sources, or with dh --with
>       quilt.

OK. I'll remove the sentence about it.

>     - the "README.debian" is not necessary.

Really? OK.

>   - lintian : clean upto -I. -E shows one warning : X: libgtkpod1:
>     shlib-calls-exit usr/lib/gtkpod/libsorttab_display.so It's mostly processes
>     exiting after fork(), and arguments processing. In the latter case, you
>     might convince upstream to do that outside the library.

I'll try. Thanks.

> Thanks for contributing to Debian !
>
> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/LAFileRemoval
> [2] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

mfv

--
Ing. Matteo F. Vescovi

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'